At Odyssey, we believe that involvement from the parents and community is key to the success of education. Every Odyssey family is required to donate 18 hours of service to the school. Below are some ways to be involved with Odyssey School:
- office volunteer
- copier volunteer
- recess monitor
- lunch monitor
- wash windows
- clean up grounds
Here are a few ways to be involved during the school year:
1. Action Teams: Volunteers are always needed to serve on and to head up our Action Teams.
2. Classrooms: There are many things you can do to assist your child's teacher in and out of the classroom. Contact the teacher to see what their needs and wants are. We also have 2 volunteer Art teachers who are looking for assistance.
3. After hours help: We understand that not everyone's schedule allows for them to be at school during the day. Here are a list of things that can be done anytime.
- Wash Windows
- Clean up Grounds
- Rake Chips on Playground
4. Assistance during breaks: During the holiday breaks, we have several volunteer opportunities including painting walls, staining doors, wall repair, general facility repair & washing windows. Please contact Andy Geeter if you are interested in helping.
5. DONATIONS: Any donations are welcome any time and are tax deductible. Donations can be from our list of needs, or can be monetary. Please contact Andy Geeter and will we give you a receipt for your generosity.
***If you volunteer in any capacity where you are in contact with the children, you will be required to provide the school with an official background check.
14 St. John Circle
Newnan, GA 30265